Project Lockdown: Mapping the impact of NPIs on Human and Digital Rights
About the Project
Project Lockdown provides an overview of COVID-19 NPIs (Non-Pharmaceutical Interventions) being enforced across the globe to help visualize the success of different pandemic response measures, monitor effects on Human and Digital Right, and clarify evaluation metrics.
We developed the Beta version during the EU vs Virus hackathon in late-April. As a result, we won second place for the "Protection of Citizens & Democracy" challenge.
Our immediate goal is to publicly launch the app and website.
Aside from working on the app itself, we are also developing relevant documentation and are working on social media/outreach and data analysis and interpretation.
Our immediate needs call for:
- document key processes for users and teams
- sync with coordinators to release documentation and other materials
- develop internal community engagement and communications
Front-end developers (Preact/React, StoryBook):
- enabling a Report feature comparing different territories/data points
- enabling embedded maps for users
Help Desk Support
- Who is already working on this
- Helpful links
- How to get in touch
- Number of volunteers needed
- Preferred Volunteer location
- Organization status