Virtual homework supervision to help overwhelmed parents while school is closed
Trade off hosting virtual homework sessions for other parents from your child's class
About the Project
With elementary schools suddenly closed for the rest of the year, parents are struggling to balance work, caring for others and the sudden responsibility for keeping their children educated and on track for school.
Our project is a web app that helps parents trade off supervising different subjects using video chat so that when another parent is on duty, they can work from home or care for other family members.
If a parent can't get dedicated time to work, their job is (more) at risk. If they don't have dedicated time to school their children, their child's education is at risk.
How it works:
1) Parents sign up for free and create a private group for the other parents from their child's class at school
2) They add their availability and which subjects they can cover each day
3) They can browse other availabilities in the "available sessions" feed and send booking requests to each other for sessions
We launched a v.1 of the homework webapp and have been getting signups slowly.
Partnerships with organizations that can promote
Pro bono PR & media relations
Digital content creation
Design updates based off user feedback
- Who is already working on this
- How to get in touch
- Number of volunteers needed
- Preferred Volunteer location
- Organization status