Coronavirus Near Me
Find out how many coronavirus cases exist near your locations 5 - 10 mile radius
About the Project
The goal of "Coronavirus Near Me" is to provide people with timely, and useful information and improve the signal to noise ratio of available information.
A lot of information out there is at a level that is not useful for people individually. The information is useful for public policy needs, but tracking thousands of coronavirus cases in a state is less useful for individuals than knowing there were 20 new coronavirus cases in the last 24 hours within the 5-mile radius of my location or my parent's location.
That is what we are building.
The project is live in the US (https://www.prospercircle.org/coronavirus-near-me) and uses Johns Hopkins University geocoded data to find out the number of cases near a US location.
As people plan their lives and think about their loved ones, they can use the tool to identify new coronavirus cases near their homes, children's schools, offices, child care centers, places of worship, etc. Pretty much any US address.
Launched the first version. You can go put a US address and see new coronavirus cases stats near you each day.
1. Access to high-quality coronavirus numbers by localities (or small regions) for other parts of the world. The goal is to provide users with information near their location and not just at the state or country-level.
2. Refresh the information more frequently. Currently, JHU provides geocoded data once a day. Would be good to provide more near real-time information to help the public
3. Market and share this tool with people so they have access to high-quality information that is meaningful.
- Who is already working on this
- Helpful links
- How to get in touch
- Number of volunteers needed
- Preferred Volunteer location
- Organization status