Help people understand the medical terminology surrounding COVID-19, in their native language
About the Project
We are on a mission to create a simple unified medical language database. We have medical students and physicians ready and eager to contribute to the cause, once our application is fully functioning. We realized that we were limited in our functionality with Wordpress and needed to move to a React platform. We are not too far off from being able to get our services to the public. We are working diligently to finish this so that we can be another answer to the COVID-19 outbreak. Specifically, we want to be able to provide the general public with an API (possibly even browser extension based off of this) that will function to help them understand the medical jargon on the news articles they are reading and their medical records. We believe everybody should have the chance to fully understand medical jargon so that they can make educated decisions on personal and public health.
We have a baseline functioning React web application and API. We are transitioning from our previous Wordpress site found at doctorlingo.com. We have ~1200 medical words added into the database are ever expanding.
All issues are documented in our Gitlab. Current needs are as follows:
- MOSTLY IN NEED of Back-end Developers
- Fine-tune the translation service
- Optimize database schema and API
- Assign roles in our admin panel
- Content addition
- Specialists review definition categories
- Multi-lingual speakers who can verify translations
- Social Media coordination and outreach
- Anything else that you feel would be beneficial :)
We keep a running list of issues in our gitlab.
- Who is already working on this
- Number of volunteers needed
- Preferred Volunteer location
- Organization status