- Short description
Selftrace lets you track self-reported COVID-19/symptoms cases on a live map
Selftrace is an open-source effort to create a live map that anonymously shows all users who self-reportedly have COVID-19 or show some of its symptoms. We are building a tool that
1. Will help people track the spread in real-time and self-distance accordingly
2. Give us an idea on how fast the virus is spreading according to unofficial user data.
We believe tracking self-reported/unofficial cases is important since many countries have limited testing capabilities, so official numbers will naturally fail to reflect the nature of reality. Volunteers from all backgrounds are welcome!
- Who is already working on this
Anar Kafkas - Software Engineer with a BSc from London School of Economics
Eric Vicenti - Full-Stack React Native Engineer, creator of React Navigation and Aven Cloud
Many other volunteers including some great engineers from React, React Native, React Navigation teams
- How far along it is
Both the web and mobile apps are done. We are working on adding new features to the web app. In talks with health institutions to partner with and publish the mobile apps.
- Demo, mockups, or documentation
- How to get in touch
- Email/Slack/Discord - You will receive an invite to Slack.
- Helpful links
- Project status
- Actively recruiting
- Tasks that need to get done
TypeScript, React, React Native, Jest, Next, Expo, NoSQL, Firebase.
- Number of volunteers needed
- Skills needed
- Project type